The ARAP is a collaboration between School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, Durham University and A*STAR to provide research opportunities for DU PhD students to work at A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia.
Under this programme, DU PhD students will spend between 6 months to two years at A*STAR research institutes under the joint supervision of DU academic and co-supervised by qualified researchers from A*STAR Research Institutes.
Awardees typically spend up to 2 years at A*STAR RIs and are provided with the following during their attachment in Singapore:
- Monthly stipend of S$2,500
- One-time return airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000 provided that the student spends at least 1 year at an A*STAR RI
- Medical insurance
- Registered PhD students of Durham University
- For International Students only (excludes students from South East Asian region)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a Second Class (Upper) Honours or equivalent
- For non-native English speakers IELTS 6.5 or equivalent with 5.5 or greater in all IELTS sub-scores
- Detailed CV
- Copy of passport
- High school, college, degree and masters certificate with details of transcripts showing grades attained for individual subjects
- Letter of PhD admission to your university
- Recommendation or referral letter
- State PhD project thesis title
Current collaboration with the A*STAR:
- Image informatics
- Computer vision
PhD students who are interested are invited to contact Dr Boguslaw Obara (boguslaw [dot] obara [AT] durham [dot] ac [dot] uk) for more details.