Training Schools were held in 2014 and 2015.
Procedure for Selecting Training Schools1
- Call for Training School proposals issued in 1st April, 2013 for a Training School that will be held in 2014
- The submission deadline is 30th August, 2013
- Proposals must be sent to the Training School Coordinator2
- Training School Coordinator will collate the proposals and send them to members of the Core Group, who will then evaluate the proposals
- The Core Group will select on Training School and notify the applicant four weeks later on 28th September, 2013
- Call for Students / Trainees to be issued on 1st October, 2013
- Deadline for Student / Trainee applications 31st January, 2014
- Local Organiser will have until 28 February 2014 to select students / trainees
- Local Organiser will notify successful students / trainees as as possible after 28th February, 2014
Criteria for Selecting Training Schools
Training Schools will be selected in the basis of whether they:
- Fulfill Action objectives
- Fulfill COST objectives
- Cultivate synergy across the three Working Groups
- Demonstrate considerable overall quality
- Adhere to the Action themes3
Criteria for Selecting Trainees / Students4
Trainees / students will be selected on the basis of whether they are:
- Currently studying for a PhD with an Action MC member, or affiliate institution
- Currently studying for a PhD at a university in Europe or a Near Neighbouring Country
Trainees / students from outside European or from a country that is not a Near Neighbouring Country are permitted to apply and attend Training Schools but would need to self-finance.
1Timelines / dates for selecting a 2015 Training School will be roughly similar to those used for selecting the 2014 Training School.
2As yet, the Action has not designated a Training School Coordinator.
3Proposers of Training Schools should take into account the strategic visioning exercise lead by Jeanette Schade in consultation with the Working Group Co-Leaders. As much as possible, Training School proposals should strive to reflect the Action vision as developed through the strategic visioning exercise.
4These are provisional criteria. The Training School Coordinator shall develop such criteria in consultation with the Core Group.