If you are volunteering on a project that works with children, you will need a DBS check. You can apply for a DBS if you bring the correct documentation to an induction! The attached list shows what you need to bring, and you also need to know your national insurance number (but we don’t need proof of this number). If you are unsure if you need a DBS check or whether you already have a valid certificate, please contact your project leader or contact us in the office (contact details at the bottom of this email).
4. Exec and Project Leader Vacancies (see attached posters for more details on how to apply)
If you wish to become more involved with SCA and take on a leadership role – now is your chance! We are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers to fill the following roles:
– Events Coordinator (Deadline: By midnight on 10th October) – This is a role on SCA’s student executive committee and involves organising SCA’s variety of wonderful events throughout the year, culminating in the Durham University Volunteering Awards.
– Creche Project Leader (Deadline: By midnight on 19th October) – Creche volunteering involves assisting nursery staff to run activities for 0-5 year olds, and as project leader you would oversee and coordinate this. If you love working with children you would be a great Creche project leader!
– Recreational Dog-Walking Project Leader (Deadline: By midnight on 19th October) – As project leader for Recreational Dog-Walking, you would organise the matching of eager volunteers to local dog owners, to ensure their lovely dogs are walked and happy! There is also an opportunity to help organise SCA’s Dog Show in December.
– MFL Secondary (Deadline: By midnight on 19th October) – If you are passionate about languages then this is a leadership opportunity for you! Leading MFL Secondary would involve the organisation of modern foreign language teaching in local secondary schools, overseeing the great teaching that our volunteers on this project do.
5. University Hospital of North Durham Volunteering Opportunities
The University Hospital have contacted us regarding a number of volunteering opportunities with them. We are still in the process of establishing this but it may involve, for instance, chatting to people on wards or helping in the shop or cafe. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact Laura at email@example.com to register your interest and we will work to get it set up!
6. Food Bank Collection – Volunteers Needed!
Durham Food Bank require volunteers to assist their food collections at Tesco in Gilesgate in Durham, on the29th and 30th of November and the 1st of December. There are 2 hour shifts available to volunteer each day, between 9am and 5pm. If you are interested in volunteering please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The poster with all the details is attached to this email – take a look!
As always, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by email, phone or call into the office if you have any questions.
Laura and I can’t wait for this year’s volunteering to get underway and are excited to see what you will all achieve.
If you would like to receive our weekly email into your inbox, please email – email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive our weekly email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.