Disclosure and Barring Service
For some of SCA's project volunteers will need to complete a DBS check in order to participate. A DBS check looks at people's criminal records to ensure that they are elegible to work with at risk groups, including children.
The projects requiring a DBS check are:
Activity Clubs, Energy Club, E-Mentoring, Maths Club, MFL primary and secondary, Science Club, Future First, 1-1 Tutoring, Teaching Assistants (Specialist Schools).
CATSS, CATSS Secondary, Keenan House, RDA, Thurston, Wheatley Hill Youth Club, Young Carers.
Contact the Elderly, Deerbolt, Nepacs
Art Club, Gardening Club, 1-1 Tutoring, Riverbank
To complete a DBS check we must see THREE documents. One must come from Group 1 and two further documents from Group 1 or 2a or 2b, one of which must verify the address you have put down as your current address. (If you are British you will need to know your national insurance number but proof isn’t needed) Group 1
- Current valid passport
- Biometric residence permit (UK)
- Current driving licence (Full or Provisional) (UK, EU, Isle of Man/Channel Islands)
- Birth certificate- issued at time of birth (UK and Channel Islands)
- Adoption Certificate
- Current photo driving licence (Non-UK must be valid for 12months from date of entering UK)
- Birth certificate- issued after time of birth
- Marriage/Civil partnership certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Adoption certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- HM forces ID card (UK)
- Firearms licence (UK and Channel Islands)
- Bank/building society statement (UK, Channel Islands, EEA)*
- Bank/building society account opening confirmation letter (UK)*
- Credit card statement (UK, EEA)*
- Utility bill (UK) Not mobile telephone bills*
- Benefit statement e.g. child allowance*
- A document from central/local government/government agency/local authority giving entitlement (UK and Channel Islands) e.g. customs and revenue, job centre, social security*
- Mortgage statement (UK or EEA)**
- Financial statement e.g. ISA (UK)**
- P45/P60 statement (UK and Channel Islands)**
- Council tax statement (UK and Channel Islands)**
- Work permit/Visa (UK) Valid up to expiry date.
- Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider
- EU national ID card
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands)
- Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (UK, only 16-19 year olds and used when all other documents have been exhausted)
If a document is denoted with:
- * it should be less than 3 months old
- ** it should be less than 12 months old
We cannot accept photocopies or items printed from the internet.