To safeguard our volunteers, we operate produce a Volunteer Handbook which is given to all volunteers at the start of the year. A copy of the handbook can be found below along with copies of all SCA’s policies.
To be insured volunteers must be registered on the volunteering database. The link to register can be found here.
- Volunteer Handbook 2015-16
- Child Protection Policy 2014-15
- Adults at Risk Safeguarding Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure
- Ex-offenders policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Student Community Action Standing Orders (the standing orders are currently undergoing revision)
As a volunteer, please read and familiarise yourself with the above.
If an incident ever occurs whilst you are volunteering that you should report, please notify your project leader and complete the Incident Report Form and return it to the SCA office as soon as possible.
If you incur an expenses whilst volunteering you can claim back expenses by filling in an Expense Form and returning it to the SCA office with your receipts attached.