To safeguard our volunteers, we produce a Volunteer Handbook which is given to all volunteers at the start of the year. A copy of the handbook can be found below along with copies of all Durham Student Volunteering and Outreach's policies.
To be insured volunteers must be registered on the volunteering database. The link to register can be found here.
- Volunteer Handbook 2018/19
- Safeguarding Children Policy
- Ex-Offenders Policy
- Adults at Risk Safeguarding Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure
- Ex-offenders policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Standing Orders
- CATSS Transportation Policy
- Experience Durham Volunteer Driver Manual
- Experience Durham Driving Handbook 2018-19
As a volunteer, please read and familiarise yourself with the above.
If an incident ever occurs whilst you are volunteering that you should report, please notify your project leader and complete the Incident Report Form and return it to the DU Student Volunteering and Outreach office as soon as possible.
If you incur an expenses whilst volunteering you can claim back expenses by filling in an Expense Form and returning it to the DU Student Volunteering and Outreach office with your receipts attached.