Student Exec

Student Executive Committee 2020/21

Each member of the exec carries out a specific role to make sure that Durham University Student Volunteering and Outreach performs, and develops, as best as possible for both our volunteers and the communities that we serve.

Lijie- President

Hi, I'm Lijie and I'm this year's President. My main responsibility is to coordinate DUSVO as a whole and to chair exec meetings. I'm looking to expand the support scheme within DUSVO, including introducing a mentoring scheme for project leaders and exec members. DUSVO is great to get involved in because it is like a family. We want to build a community network that gives everyone a voice and makes everyone feel at home.

I'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas, so please feel free to email me at president.dusvo@durham.ac.uk.

Jenny- Vice President

Hi, I'm Jenny and I'm this year's Vice President. My main responsibilities include promoting DUSVO and working closely with Lijie and the exec to ensure volunteering runs smoothly. We want to better engage with student volunteers and remain adaptable whatever the next year may bring. I highly recommend getting involved with DUSVO to experience volunteering as well as make great friends.

I'd love to hear from you if you have any questions or ideas to improve volunteering, so please email me at vice-president.dusvo@durham.ac.uk

Daisy - Social Inclusion

Hey! I'm Daisy Robinson, a 2nd year student from Butler and I'm the Social Inclusion and Complex Needs Chair for this year.  My main responsibility is to be acquainted with all the projects under the Social Inclusion umbrella and helping them with their progress, whether that be implementing new ideas or establishing relationships with new community partners.

I'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas, want to get involved with our Social inclusion projects, or just have any questions about volunteering here in Durham, so feel free to contact me at inclusive.outreach@durham.ac.uk.

Tatyana - Environment

Hi! I'm Tatyana, a 2nd year Economist from John Snow, and I'm this year's Environment and Sustainability Projects Chair. My main responsibilities are to ensure the smooth running of the E&S projects and organise one-off volunteering activities.

I highly encourage everyone to get involved as you will make amazing friends and create lasting memories while making a difference to the community!

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome, so please contact me at environment.dusvo@durham.ac.uk

Emily - Education

I’m Emily, this year’s Education Chair. This means I oversee all of DUSVO’s education projects, working with our wonderful project leaders to ensure their projects run smoothly and develop them further. I’d really recommend volunteering to any Durham student. Volunteering is the most rewarding part of my week, but more importantly you will have a lot of fun!

If you have any ideas about education volunteering, or you want to find out a bit more about the projects we run, I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at education.dusvo@durham.ac.uk

Kai - Events

Hi, I'm Kai and I'm this year's Event Officer. My main responsibility is to work closely with the execs and project leaders and help them plan successful events. I aim to make DUSVO a more friendly and diverse society, where we can inspire each other to succeed on top of volunteering. I look forward to working with you in the upcoming academic year and highly recommend you to bring friends along!

I'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas, so please feel free to email me at events.dusvo@durham.ac.uk

Izzy - Fundraising

I’m Izzy, this year’s Fundraising Officer. This means I oversee all of DUSVO’s fundraising projects.

I’m looking forward to organising some really unique fundraising events. In particular, I’d like to work with clubs, socs and colleges (as these are organisations which are unique to us as a university) to arrange events, such as 24hr sports matches, or soc vs soc quizzes.

If you have any exciting fundraising ideas then I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at fundraising.dusvo@durham.ac.uk

Leave a Reply