September 08, 2010

Hey guys,

Just a brief note introducing myself and the new exec for those who weren’t at the AGM, I’m Matt Wilson and I’m joint president this year along with Alex Clayton. The other exec positions are as follows:

Treasurer – Peter Ward
Road Captain – Nick Constantine
MTB Captain – Andy Charlesworth
Women’s Captain – Kat Broadbent
Social Sec – Matt Daniel
Webmaster – Nathan Edwards
Coach – John Holmes

There’s a lot of information to go out over the next few days, including pre-season details, pre pre-season training and term time training plans. So I’ll split it into separate notes, but please take some time to read them.

First note on pre-season

Road;
More details to follow, but we need to know who’s coming. For the roadies the dates will be Friday 24th September – Wednesday 6th October. There will be a meeting on the Friday evening 8pm.
So let me know if you’re coming  and if I could have mobile numbers that would help. If you raced last year and you can’t come, a response would be great. We also need to know if you need somewhere to sleep if your term time accommodation isn’t available. Similarly if you think you have a bed spare / floor spare then let me know.

MTB;
Mountain bike dates need to be finalised, I’ll send out a note out when they are. However for now can I have replies back from those who would be interested. Pre-season for you guys would be 5-7 days, mainly focused on riding and trail centers with a spattering of work with John in between.

Plus plenty of socials (Info from Matt D at a later date) and maybe a mtb ride incorporating the roadies.

Fresher’s / Sports Fair

Tuesday 5th – Wednesday 6th October in Elvet Riverside. We’ll be roping pre-season people in to help with making our stand look as attractive to new members as possible. If anyone has any ideas hit reply.

I think that’s it for now,

Cheers, Matt W

matthew.wilson@dur.ac.uk

NewsMatt WilsonNo Comments
September 03, 2010

Preseason starts on the 24th of September (be in Durham for the 23rd) for a full two weeks of intense training.

More info to follow.

NewsNathan EdwardsNo Comments