Over the years, the Hill Orchestra have performed an incredible repertoire of music. (refresh the page for more music!).
- Bizet – 1st Suite from Carmen
- Elgar – Enigma Variations
- Grieg – Norwegian Dance no. 2
- Morricone - Gabriel's Oboe
- Rossini – William Tell Overture
- Tchaikovsky – Swan Lake Suite
- Wagner - Tristan und Isolde
Our next concert will be on Friday 6th March at 7.30pm in the Elvet Methodist Church.
Our repitoire will include:
- Symphony No.7 in A Major - Beethoven
- Corolian Overture - Beethoven
- Suite de Pulcinella - Strawinsky
- Jurassic Park Theme Music
Each year we put on three concerts.
In winter, at the end of Michaelmas Term, we hold our first concert at which we play a wide variety of music, including something with a Christmas theme.
In spring, at the end of Epiphany Term, we put on our second concert of the year. Previous concerts have included a "Last Night of the Proms" theme, plus a range of film and classical music.
In summer, once the exams are over, the orchestra goes on tour! Previous tours have been to locations such as Edinburgh, Belgium, Paris and the Netherlands.
After exams in the summer term, if there's enough interest, the orchestra goes on tour!
Details of the tour are usually announced during the Michaelmas term. Transport and accommodation are provided at a very reasonable cost!
For our most recent tour in June 2014, the orchestra went to Edinburgh and played in Princes Street Gardens! Photos from our last tour can be found in the gallery.
© Copyright Durham University Hill Orchestra. All Rights Reserved.