Over the years, the Hill Orchestra have performed an incredible repertoire of music. (refresh the page for more music!).
- Badelt - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Bizet – 1st Suite from Carmen
- Handel - Music from the Royal Fireworks
- Humperdinck - Hansel and Gretel Overture
- Prokofiev – Montagues and Capulets from Romeo and Juliet
- Schubert – Unfinished Symphony (No. 8)
- Vaughan Williams – English Folk Song Suite
Each year we put on three concerts.
In winter, at the end of Michaelmas Term, we hold our first concert at which we play a wide variety of music, including something with a Christmas theme.
In spring, at the end of Epiphany Term, we put on our second concert of the year. Previous concerts have included a "Last Night of the Proms" theme, plus a range of film and classical music.
In summer, once the exams are over, the orchestra goes on tour! Previous tours have been to locations such as Edinburgh, Belgium, Paris and the Netherlands.
After exams in the summer term, if there's enough interest, the orchestra goes on tour!
Details of the tour are usually announced during the Michaelmas term. Transport and accommodation are provided at a very reasonable cost!
In June 2009 the orchestra went on a fantastic tour to Paris!
© Copyright Durham University Hill Orchestra. All Rights Reserved.