The Association of Hispanists is a professional association of academics and researchers working in all areas of Hispanic Studies in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. The Association represents a very diverse discipline, in terms of both geographical coverage (Spain, Portugal, Latin America and other Hispanic and Lusophone parts of the world) and objects of study (language, literature, film, popular culture, visual culture, music, history). We promote research and advanced study in all these areas, and represent the interests of our scholarly community at national and international levels.
This website provides information about the Association:
– its aims and its history
– how it supports postgraduate and early-career researchers
– how to contact us
– and how to become a member
You can find out about our annual conference and other conferences and events of interest to Hispanists.
There are also useful listings:
– academic job vacancies and other opportunities
– links to relevant organizations and sources of information
To showcase the outstanding work that British and Irish Hispanists do, there are details of:
– books recently published by members of the Association
– major research projects they are leading
– blogs and research group websites
The photographs on the site were taken by members of the Association
Members can log in to access the Directory of Hispanists. This allows you to check and edit your own details, and add information about your research interests. You can also find information about fellow Hispanists and the Departments in which they work.