I am a member of ACiD, the Algorithms and Complexity research group, and of the NODES Research and Training Centre. ACiD is part of AlgoUK, a network for algorithms and complexity in the UK. We are currently organizing an AlgoUK workshop alongside the 35th British Colloquium for Theoretical Computer Science. We are also hosting Computability in Europe 2019.
My research interests include algorithmic graph theory, combinatorial optimization and combinatorial designs. If you are interested in doing a PhD in these or related areas, please get in touch. Some publications are listed here with links to preprints.
- Efficient Graph Colouring Algorithms Via Input Restrictions. The Leverhulme Trust Research Project Grants. 2016-2019.
- SCALUS (SCALing by means of Ubiquitous Storage). Marie Curie Initial Training Network. 2009-2013.
- Structural Vulnerability Measures for Networks and Graphs. EPSRC. 2009-2012.
- Extending the Theory of Colour Graphs. EPSRC. 2007-2011.
- A General Theory of Colour Graphs. Nuffield Foundation's Newly Appointed Science Lecturers scheme. 2005-2006.
- Giacomo Paesani
- Anthony Stewart, PhD 2017.
- Dan Thomas
- Ioannis Lignos, PhD 2016.
- Carl Feghali, PhD 2016.
- Foad Lotfifar, PhD 2016.
- Aidan Chalk, MSc 2013.
I am currently the Department's Director of Education.
In 2018/19, I contribute to the following modules:
All materials are on duo.
Last change: 2 August 2018.