Already have a Username/Password for Postgraduate English: A Journal and Forum for Postgraduates in English?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal or book publisher for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Style Guide.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Articles are normally between 5000-7000 words in length. Book reviews are normally between 1000-2000 words. For articles and reviews outside these limits I have emailed the editors for agreement prior to submission.
The article is accompanied by a coversheet in a separate document containing:
- The author's institutional affiliation
- Five keywords for indexing
- A 250-300 word abstract
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any material in which they do not own copyright, to be used in print and electronic media and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgements are included in their manuscript.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (CC BY 3.0). This allows others, including other publishers, freely to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Durham University Department of English Studies | Research English At Durham