Mayor's Appeal Fund
- 2003 ~£334 was raised for the Mayor of Stockton's charity (The Carer's Resource Centre).
- 2002 ~£150 was raised for the charity at this year's match.
- 2001 £76.50 was raised for the charity at this year's match.
- 2000 £42 was raised for the charity at this year's match.
- 1999 £64 was raised for the charity at this year's match.
The appeal was in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Belmont Resource Centre, which assists blind and visually impaired young people.
- 1998 £47 was raised for the charity at this year's match.
The appeal was in aid of Durham City Shopmobility, a scheme to
provide wheelchair loan or hire, or an escort service, to assist those with
limited mobility to access shopping or social & leisure facilities within
- 1997 £54 was raised for the charity appeal (which
was the Neil Griffin Opportunity for Youth Trust).
Here are the contents of a letter the secretary received in Feb 1997 from
"I am very pleased to inform you of the good use that has been put from
your donation to my 1995/6 Mayoral Appeal Fund.
The grand total of almost 20000 pounds enabled St. Cuthbert's Hospice,
Durham to purchase a brand new bus. This is used to transport people from all
parts of Durham to the Hospice for treatment and care. I was privileged to
present the bus on Friday 20 December 1996.
Many thanks for your help in my Mayoral year appeal. I am sure you will
be delighted the money raised by your efforts has purchased the bus for the
Hospice which is now used daily"
- 2007 Staff participated in the Indoor Super6s Championship at Belmont, which raised £100 for Blind and Partially Sighted children.