Lumiere: Behind the Scenes

By Nadin Hassan This past November, the streets of Durham were filled with energy as the city hosted the biennial Lumiere Festival, with dozens of installations scattered around the river, churches, court house, cathedral, and other heritage sites and landmarks. Organized by the arts charity Artichoke and commissioned by Durham County Council, it is the […]

Belmont Community School Science Evening

Pen-Yuan Hsing, Ustinov Global Citizenship Programme – Café Scientifique Last Monday (19 June 2017), four members of the Ustinov Global Citizenship Programme helped lead science outreach activities at the Belmont Community School Science Evening. As a Café Scientifique team member, I’m happy to have been part of that group and we are all grateful to Ms […]

Exploring St Cuthbert’s Tomb with David Willem

By Pen-Yuan Hsing Here at the Ustinov Global Citizenship Programme (GCP) we explore what it really means to be a global citizen in today’s highly interconnected world. As part of that, I’ve had the distinct privilege of being a member of its Café Scientifique. As one of my colleagues lamented, we now live in a “post-factual” society. […]