Wednesday 17th October, 1301
A city stands strong amongst the chaos of the north, a bastion of civilisation and freedom. A city rebuilt, a city growing. Fast approaching is a time of new frontiers as the boundaries of might and knowledge are pushed like never before. And in search of these things come travellers, adventurers, scholars and pilgrims, each seeking their share of the power.
Welcome to Durholme.
Durham University Treasure Trap is the world's oldest continuously-running Live Roleplay group. We meet twice a week to play roles in a fantasy mediaeval world, either in the congenial atmosphere of a mediaeval inn for our Tavern Nights each Monday, or in the woods around Durham for Adventures each weekend. We also have regular weapons practices to develop combat skills which are useful in the game, run an annual banquet and a weekend-long end-of-year game, and send groups to larger live roleplay events around the country.
First Social of Term, 2:30pm, Wed 17 Oct
Adventure! What Lies Beneath?... Spennymoor..., 10:30am, Sat 20 Oct
Interactive!!!, 7:00pm, Mon 22 Oct
We should have a permanent link for downtimes, and you can submit them here: https://goo.gl/forms/8TB8UjLSxwvlRurz1
Downtime deadline is 6pm Thursday. While we will accept some late entries there will be a hard cutoff point after 6pm, so get them in by 6pm to be safe.
Characters get (7 - Your Level) exp from interactives, and you will be told how much exp you earn from charactering and monstering adventures. If you have any questions about downtimes then you can check the Downtime Guide on the rules page, or email email@example.com
- entered by Tim Aumonier, Head Ref, 2018-10-15 23:07:57
There is a NEW and up-to-date DownTime Guide for 2018-2019 can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/downtime.php. Please read this document before submitting your Summer DownTime using https://goo.gl/1Ww2Nx.
- entered by Panda, on behalf of the Ref Team, 2018-09-26 00:59:50
Rules Changes (by OGM 13th June 2018)!!
The following amendments to the rules were made by the General Meeting in Easter Term. They all took effect at the start of the Long Vacation 2018.
- Racial Packages [can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Racial:
- Trolls may now use a greenskin mask.
- Multiple Racial Packages may not be taken together.
- The examples on the Elemental Elf page have been changed.
- The Werewolf and Vampire packages will be going up shortly; but neither can be taken at starting.
- ONE SECOND RULE! has been explicitly written into the combat rules found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/dutt-combat.php.
- ALL Rec and Detect results are only known to the CASTER.
- Detect Lie has been changed. It is now known as Identify Lie, and it's new abilities can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/miracles.php?domain=6#Identify+Lie.
- Martial Spirit III (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Spiritual) now only requires Spiritual Favour IV (formerly needed Spiritual Favour VI).
- The two disintegrate spells have been changed to shatter and have new rules found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spells.php?section=blue#Shatter%20(Touch) and http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spells.php?section=blue#Shatter%20(Range).
- The Paths to Power OC document can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/library/power.php and will be permanently located in the new library section when launched.
- Light Armour Expertise (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Scouting#Light+Armour+Expertise) has replaced Fur and Leather Hardening in the Scouting Tree.
- The RESET call has been added to the system. Only to be used, at their discretion, by the character ref on adventures.
- Armour Repair - takes 1 minute per point of armour repaired for non-smiths.
- Spell changes:
- The name and activation call for Winds of Disarming have been changed to just DISARM.
- The following spells have had a variety of changes, either to activation phrases or names. They can all be accessed through http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spellchart.php. The spells altered are: Imbue weapon with Fire, Imbue Area with Fire, Fly (Self), Fly (other), Rec Nature of Creature, Embodying any elementals, Extensions, Reflection, Enchant, Absorption, Shock, Fireblades, Heat Metal, Flamebow, Wall of Fire, Sword of Power, Protection from X, Flamestorm, Disruption, Plate (self), Plate (other), Genesis, Wall of Vines, Bubble, Ice Body, Glue, Magnetize, Earthquake, Reshape, Det Heat, Det Inanimate, Rec Nature of Creature, Talk to Animals, Talk to Inanimate, Talk to Sentient, Announcement, Project Image, Elbereth's Sweet Whispers, With One Voice, Comprehension, Conceal Object, and finally, Hide in Inanimate.
- entered by Panda, the Web Officer, Vicky, the apprentice and , 2018-09-26 00:59:27
Give It A Go 2018!
We are pleased to announce we are running a one-off LARP event based in the DUTT universe again for people to try out the Game in a way geared up for people who have never LARPed before.
We will be providing a number of pre-generated characters to choose from, and regular members of the society will be playing directed player characters (DPCs).
LARP-SAFE weapons will be provided and instruction given on their safe use. The costume will be provided from our extensive wardrobe, organised by Sean, our Wardrobe Officer.
The event will be on Tuesday 9th October in Vane Tempest Hall (Level D, DSU, Dunelm House) from 7pm til 10:30pm.
Any questions about the event can be sent to Vicky, the Social Secretary, using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. There's no need to contact us to say you want to take part, just turn up on the night!
- entered by Panda, the Web Officer, on behalf of the Social Secretary and the President., 2018-08-25 15:47:02