Monday 20th August, 1301
A city stands strong amongst the chaos of the north, a bastion of civilisation and freedom. A city rebuilt, a city growing. Fast approaching is a time of new frontiers as the boundaries of might and knowledge are pushed like never before. And in search of these things come travellers, adventurers, scholars and pilgrims, each seeking their share of the power.
Welcome to Durholme.
Durham University Treasure Trap is the world's oldest continuously-running Live Roleplay group. We meet twice a week to play roles in a fantasy mediaeval world, either in the congenial atmosphere of a mediaeval inn for our Tavern Nights each Monday, or in the woods around Durham for Adventures each weekend. We also have weekly weapons practices to develop combat skills which are useful in the game, run an annual banquet and a weekend-long end-of-year game, and send groups to larger live roleplay events around the country.
Rules Changes (by OGM 13th June 2018)!
The following amendments to the rules were made by the General Meeting in Easter Term. They all took effect at the start of the Long Vacation 2018.
- Racial Packages [can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Racial:
- Trolls may now use a greenskin mask.
- Multiple Racial Packages may not be taken together.
- The examples on the Elemental Elf page have been changed.
- The Werewolf and Vampire packages will be going up shortly; but neither can be taken at starting.
- ONE SECOND RULE! has been explicitly written into the combat rules found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/dutt-combat.php.
- ALL Rec and Detect results are only known to the CASTER.
- Detect Lie has been changed. It is now known as Identify Lie, and it's new abilities can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/miracles.php?domain=6#Identify+Lie.
- Martial Spirit III (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Spiritual) now only requires Spiritual Favour IV (formerly needed Spiritual Favour VI).
- The two disintegrate spells have been changed to shatter and have new rules found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spells.php?section=blue#Shatter%20(Touch) and http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spells.php?section=blue#Shatter%20(Range).
- The Paths to Power OC document can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/library/power.php and will be permanently located in the new library section when launched.
- Light Armour Expertise (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Scouting#Light+Armour+Expertise) has replaced Fur and Leather Hardening in the Scouting Tree.
- The RESET call has been added to the system. Only to be used, at their discretion, by the character ref on adventures.
- Armour Repair - takes 1 minute per point of armour repaired for non-smiths.
- Spell changes:
- The name and activation call for Winds of Disarming have been changed to just DISARM.
- The following spells have had a variety of changes, either to activation phrases or names. They can all be accessed through http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/spellchart.php. The spells altered are: Imbue weapon with Fire, Imbue Area with Fire, Fly (Self), Fly (other), Rec Nature of Creature, Embodying any elementals, Extensions, Reflection, Enchant, Absorption, Shock, Fireblades, Heat Metal, Flamebow, Wall of Fire, Sword of Power, Protection from X, Flamestorm, Disruption, Plate (self), Plate (other), Genesis, Wall of Vines, Bubble, Ice Body, Glue, Magnetize, Earthquake, Reshape, Det Heat, Det Inanimate, Rec Nature of Creature, Talk to Animals, Talk to Inanimate, Talk to Sentient, Announcement, Project Image, Elbereth's Sweet Whispers, With One Voice, Comprehension, Conceal Object, and finally, Hide in Inanimate.
- entered by Panda, the Web Officer, Vicky, the apprentice and , 2018-08-14 18:02:10
God page updates (Rat Lord and Dominion of Vortex)
The god pages for the Rat Lord (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/library/newfaiths.php?god=17) and the Dominion of Vortex (http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/library/newfaiths.php?god=22) have both been made available on the website - the god page for Morpheus will hopefully be available soon.
Also, various cosmetic changes have taken place; primarily harmonising the way skills with many levels are noted - all now using Roman numerals rather than a mixture of Roman numerals and Western Arabic numerals.
- entered by Panda, the Web Officer, 2018-07-12 13:37:23
OGM - Easter Term 2018
The agenda for the OGM on 13th June 2018, ER 205 from 7pm can now be found here.
We will be considering changes to the Game Rules and electing the Head Ref and 3YGB Head Ref for the next academic year.
- entered by Panda on behalf of the Secretary, 2018-06-11 16:25:44
Adventure - 2/6/2018
Come investigate the disappearance of young adults in the Palatinate-Rovac border area. Level 4 adventure. Character party to be decided tomorrow. Meet at DSU at 10:30am heading out to the Sewer Route at 11am. This is the route behind Grey College and Collingwood College running along top of Great High Wood but not entering it...
- entered by Panda, on behalf of Tally and himself, 2018-06-01 18:19:04
The AGM in Epiphany Term made two changes to the Constitution.
3.II was removed and replaced with:
The running of a major adventure at the end of each academic year, to be known as the Third Year Goodbye ("3YGB"), shall be the role of a separate team of refs under a 3YGB Head Ref, who shall have ultimate responsibility for the running of the event, and may appoint other refs to assist with their duties. The focus of this event is to provide student members with the experience of running and participating in a countrywide LARP event. The Budget for the 3YGB must be approved by the Treasurer. This event will by default be considered canon but may be declared non-canon at the discretion of the incoming Head Ref. The 3YGB refs should endeavour to give third year students some extra attention during character creation. A third year is here defined as someone who is currently in their third year at Durham University, or has chosen (for whatever reason) to defer their third year to a subsequent year. At the discretion of the 3YGB Head Ref a member of the society who has participated in a reasonable number of regular events for three years, or any other member in extenuating circumstances, may also be designated as a third year. A person who has participated in a 3YGB as a third year may not then again participate as a third year.
This will take practical effect after this year's 3YGB in June.
4.I.ii has been amended and now reads:
Abiding by the Game Rules. No player shall perform any act which they know to contravene the Game Rules in force at that event. If any player is judged to be acting against the Game Rules, the event organisers or a member of the Ref Team shall first warn them; if they continue to do so, the event organiser may bar them from participating in that event for a limited time or for the whole of the rest of the event. The ruling of the organisers on the Game Rules shall be final for that event. If a player disagrees with a ruling, they may raise it with the event organiser, but if the event organiser upholds the ruling, players must abide by that ruling for the remainder of the event. Longer-term rulings on the rules may be made by members of the Ref Team; if a player disagrees with a ruling, they may raise it with the Head Ref, but if the Head Ref upholds the ruling, players must abide by it. These longer rulings may last up to the end of the academic term. The ref team must submit these rulings to the next General Meeting.
This takes effect immediately, and the existing ref rulings will be taken to the OGM later in Easter term.
- entered by Panda, the Web Officer, 2018-05-21 13:47:20