Tuesday 26th July, 1299
A city stands strong amongst the chaos of the north, a bastion of civilisation and freedom. A city rebuilt, a city growing. Fast approaching is a time of new frontiers as the boundaries of might and knowledge are pushed like never before. And in search of these things come travellers, adventurers, scholars and pilgrims, each seeking their share of the power.
Welcome to Durholme.
Durham University Treasure Trap is the world's oldest continuously-running Live Roleplay group. We meet twice a week to play roles in a fantasy mediaeval world, either in the congenial atmosphere of a mediaeval inn for our Tavern Nights each Monday, or in the woods around Durham for Adventures each weekend. We also have weekly weapons practices to develop combat skills which are useful in the game, run an annual banquet and a weekend-long end-of-year game, and send groups to larger live roleplay events around the country.
The Vetch Racial Package
The Vetch Racial Package can now be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/additionalraces.php#vetch. Many thanks to James Toulmin and Michael King in helping me (Panda) create the package.
- entered by Panda, 2016-03-05 15:56:38
The Museum Opens
This week's Interactive won't be in the Greedy Goblin as it is closed for repairs after Mars happened to it.
Instead we will be at the grand opening of the seekerite museum founded by Arden and Oswald.
- entered by Panda, on behalf of the Ref Team, 2016-03-05 11:25:21
The Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 9th March from 7pm in ER203, here.
We will receive reports from Officers, elect the new Exec, Committee and non-Committee Officers for 2016-17. These are the President, the Treasurer, the Secretary, the Social Secretary, the Armourer, the Wardrobe Officer, the Web Officer, the Banqueting Officer, the Archivist, the Weapons Master and the Police Liaison Officer. Please stand as we need these positions filled in order for the Society to run. We will also discuss and vote on motions that will change the Game ~ if you have any such ideas then you need to submit them to the Secretary, Nathan, by 7pm on Tuesday 8th March by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a motions discussion group on FaceBook that can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/568330606657515/.
- entered by Panda, on behalf of the Secretary, 2016-03-04 20:44:57
Rules Updates on the Website
Changes approved by the Michaelmas OGM were:
- The Subdual Skill ~ it is now a general skill and does not have the prerequisites of the Warrior and Scouting trees.
- The general skill, weakness, now costs -24XP (rather than -14XP as before). If you have taken this skill and haven't already taken account of this change speak to the refs about gaining 10XP to spend.
- The miracle Weakness is now known as Cause Weakness; and is defined as "Victim suffers from physical weakness and does 1 degree less damage." This miracle no longer forbids running.
- Ambidexing ~ when ambidexing calling different degrees of damage with each hand then you MUST call BOTH, even if one is a SINGLE. This is to remove confusion in battle.
- Laying to Rest ~ All priests may now lay to rest followers of their god and anyone who is unaligned. The death gods may now also lay to rest anyone who follows a god in the pantheon their deity belongs as well as unaligned spirits; death god priests doing so may send the spirit to it's natural destination or redirect the spirit to their deity death god.
- entered by Panda, 2016-03-04 20:32:01