Wednesday 20th September, 1300
A city stands strong amongst the chaos of the north, a bastion of civilisation and freedom. A city rebuilt, a city growing. Fast approaching is a time of new frontiers as the boundaries of might and knowledge are pushed like never before. And in search of these things come travellers, adventurers, scholars and pilgrims, each seeking their share of the power.
Welcome to Durholme.
Durham University Treasure Trap is the world's oldest continuously-running Live Roleplay group. We meet twice a week to play roles in a fantasy mediaeval world, either in the congenial atmosphere of a mediaeval inn for our Tavern Nights each Monday, or in the woods around Durham for Adventures each weekend. We also have weekly weapons practices to develop combat skills which are useful in the game, run an annual banquet and a weekend-long end-of-year game, and send groups to larger live roleplay events around the country.
Chat & Stat 2017, 7:00pm, Mon 9 Oct
Give it a Go - Shards of a crown, 7:00pm, Wed 11 Oct
Freshers' Adventure 2017, 10:30am, Sat 14 Oct
Tavern Night (Interactive) in the Greedy Goblin, 7:00pm, Mon 16 Oct
The DownTime deadline for the Summer Vacation is the 2nd October 2017. DownTime submissions should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
You have infinite travel time around the material plane; but still only have 1 major action, 1 research action and many minor actions (within reason).
The Ref team request you send a copy of your character sheets, a summary of your character including any goals and previous key actions and any flange abilities or items you have.
- entered by Panda on behalf of the Head Ref, 2017-09-06 00:24:07
Rules Changes and Re-statting
The website has been updated to include all rule changes made at the OGM last term.
The following changes were made:
- Hide and Sneak ~ This now requires you to be in suitable cover, and not wearing armour, to have 10 foot invisibility and ability tomove silently.
- Elemental Elf Phys-Repping ~ Elemental Elves no longer need to have elf ear tips.
- Money ~ 1 mark (10 schillings) is now the amount of money needed to feed a family for a week. The schilling has become common currency around the material plane due to Gateways travel.
- Elemental Skill ~ Elemental Skill can no longer be bought above level.
- CONE call ~ When a "mass" effect only effects people with in an arc then the call should now be "CONE"; for instance "CONE Strikedown" for Tremor, rather than "MASS strikedown". When an effect affects everyone then "MASS" should still be used, for instance "Mass Cure Paralysis". The following skills are now CONE skills: Dismiss Demons, Dismiss Undeads, Mass Weakness, Tremor, Earthquake and Flamestorm.
- Cyranis Miracle Domains ~ The anti-demon domain has been removed and replaced with the anti-undead domain.
- Acid ~ The Make Acid skill has been removed from the Game.
- Alchemist's Fire ~ A new series of alchemical skills that allow a thrown potion to cause flaming damage. Details can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/potions.php.
- Troll Package ~ The troll package has been replaced with a series of package levels (Troll, Advanced Troll and Troll Chieftain , details can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Racial.
If you need to re-stat your character to accommodate these changes then the refs ask that you stay as close to your original concept and statting as possible. If a skill has been removed then you regain the XP to spend on other skills; if a skill, or skill equivalent, now costs more then you can spend banked XP to fill the XP gap; if you don't have enough then speak to the refs as you may be able to negotiate going into XP debt.
Re-statted characters need to be submitted to the refs by Monday 2nd October, and will not be considered at the Chat and Stat, which will be exclusively for the statting of NEW players characters.
- entered by Panda, 2017-09-02 17:39:52
Give It A Go
We are pleased to announce that we will be running an event for people to try our LARP system - costume and SAFE weapons will be provided.
Existing members will be playing DPCs.
The premise of the event is:
Rovac has long been a ‘nation’ of the lost and dispossessed, home to vagabonds and bandits. But not all are willing to see it remain that way forever. Small communities have formed an uneasy alliance with wanderers and raiders, and today a leader seeks to emerge for this ravaged land. At this first meeting of the unstable court-to-be, your choices will decide the shape of the future...
To book a place go to https://www.durhamsu.com/events/shards-of-a-crown-treasure-trap
- entered by Web Officer on behalf of the Social Sec, 2017-08-29 23:20:53
Tavern Nights (Interactives) Michaelmas Term 2017
We will have 10 Tavern Nights in the upcoming Term. All in Vane Tempest Hall, Level D, Dunelm House (DSU), DH1 3AN.
The interactives will be on 16th, 23rd and 30th October; 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th November and 4th, 11th and 18th December.
They will all start at 7pm and finish at 10:30pm.
- entered by Panda on behalf of the Secretary, 2017-08-23 19:29:21