Rules Changes and Re-statting
ules Changes and Re-statting:
The website has been updated to include all rule changes made at the OGM last term.
The following changes were made:
- Hide and Sneak ~ This now requires you to be in suitable cover, and not wearing armour, to have 10 foot invisibility and ability tomove silently.
- Elemental Elf Phys-Repping ~ Elemental Elves no longer need to have elf ear tips.
- Money ~ 1 mark (10 schillings) is now the amount of money needed to feed a family for a week. The schilling has become common currency around the material plane due to Gateways travel.
- Elemental Skill ~ Elemental Skill can no longer be bought above level.
- CONE call ~ When a "mass" effect only effects people with in an arc then the call should now be "CONE"; for instance "CONE Strikedown" for Tremor, rather than "MASS strikedown". When an effect affects everyone then "MASS" should still be used, for instance "Mass Cure Paralysis". The following skills are now CONE skills: Dismiss Demons, Dismiss Undeads, Mass Weakness, Tremor, Earthquake and Flamestorm.
- Cyranis Miracle Domains ~ The anti-demon domain has been removed and replaced with the anti-undead domain.
- Acid ~ The Make Acid skill has been removed from the Game.
- Alchemist's Fire ~ A new series of alchemical skills that allow a thrown potion to cause flaming damage. Details can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/potions.php.
- Troll Package ~ The troll package has been replaced with a series of package levels (Troll, Advanced Troll and Troll Chieftain , details can be found at http://community.dur.ac.uk/treasure.trap/rules/skills.php?section=Racial.
If you need to re-stat your character to accommodate these changes then the refs ask that you stay as close to your original concept and statting as possible. If a skill has been removed then you regain the XP to spend on other skills; if a skill, or skill equivalent, now costs more then you can spend banked XP to fill the XP gap; if you don't have enough then speak to the refs as you may be able to negotiate going into XP debt.
Re-statted characters need to be submitted to the refs by Monday 2nd October, and will not be considered at the Chat and Stat, which will be exclusively for the statting of NEW players characters.
submitted by Panda, 2017-09-02