Here we list some of the companies, hostels, websites etc. that we and our members would especially recommend. Getting involved in the walking/mountaineering world, upgrading your kit or organising your own trip for the first time can be pretty daunting, so we hope this page gives you somewhere to start.
- Cotswold Outdoor - Society members are entitled to a 15% discount at Durham's Cotswold Outdoor, just show your membership card at the till.
- Torridon YHA - This is a fantastic hostel. Very helpful and pleasant staff, a large and well-equipped kitchen and two lounges. Bedrooms had ample space and the midge screens on the windows were an added bonus. Not the best hostel to walk to and from but a few km drive leads to some truly spectacular walking.
- Borrowdale YHA - A large hostel right in the centre of the Lake District, this gives access to some stunning walking. A nice lounge and very big drying room make for a comfortable stay.
- Skyewalker hostel - Very definitely unique, the only hostel we've ever seen with Star Wars figures in the corridors! Cheaper than SYHA hostels and run by a very welcoming couple, but not as spacious as some.
- Glencoe Independent Hostel - This hostel is situated amongst spectacular scenery in one of the finest glens in Scotland, meaning a short drive to lots of great walking.