The Durham University Manga and Anime society is a relaxed society which holds twice-weekly meetings in order watch a wide variety of Japanese animation. In addition, a range of social events such as meals, trips to Newcastle and anime marathons are occasionally held, along with other spontaneous gatherings.
Our main activity is our twice-weekly meetings to watch anime
- Mondays and Fridays 7:00-9:30 during term time.
- Elvet Riverside building
- The rooms change each term so keep an eye on your emails.
- Each meeting we watch 3 episodes of one anime then 3 of another.
- If you don't like one of the series you're free to stay for half the meeting.
- All our anime is subtitled in English with the original language audio.
Our other activities include
- Cosplay bar crawls
- Random anime evenings
- Anime marathons after exams
- Game nights (card games, board games, Touhou, Pokemon etc)
- Trips to Newcastle (Visting Chinatown and shops like Travelling man and AnimeZ)
- Anime Conventions (usually between terms or over summer like Nemacom in Middlesbrough)
If you'd like to be added to our mailing list or have any questions don't hesitate to contact us email@example.com