Professor John S.O. Evans - Chair in Inorganic/Solid State Chemistry
Tel:+44-(0)-191- 334-2093 (office)
phone Tel: +44-(0)-191-334-2052 (lab)
print Fax: +44-(0)-191 384 4737
school Office: CG109J;
group Lab: CG31
email Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
public Web: http://community.dur.ac.uk/john.evans/
I am a Professor of Inorganic Chemistry in the Chemistry Department at the University of Durham. I was Head of Department from 2009-2014 and am currently Chemistry's Director of Research.
My principal research activities are in solid state chemistry.
This site contains a little bit of information about my research, but is mainly set up to host our on-line Topas tutorials (several hundred in total) and links for the Durham Rietveld school.
Please follow the various links to read about:
- My mini CV
- Some of my research interests
- The Durham Chemistry Department
- Topas Academic and Durham's topas wiki at http://topas.dur.ac.uk/topaswiki
- Topas tutorials
- Installing and using jEdit
- Durham's biennial Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School
- Links to Durham-only local pages
This site has been updated significantly in July 2017. Please accept my apologies for broken links and bad formatting.
[Modified 27-Oct-2019 by John S.O. Evans. Pages checked for Google Chrome.]