Homepage of Karl Southern
Address: Department of Computer Science
PhD student in the Algorithms and Complexity research group (ACiD).
- (2019-2023) PhD at Durham University under the supervision of Maximilien Gadouleau and Lawrence Mitchell, kindly funded in part by SQR Systems and Crypta Labs.
- (2015-2019) MEng Degree in Computer Science at Durham University. With my theses being:
Talks and Meetings
- 18-24 August 2019, Santa Barbara (USA): Crypto2019 and Second PQC Standardization Conference (attendee)
- 11th June 2019, Durham (UK): Department of Computer Science Reseach Day (speaker, "A comparison between security, speed and accuracy for R-LWE based cryptosystems, with a focus on New Hope").
- 8th May 2019, Durham (UK): Junior Seminar (speaker, "Speeding up the Ring - Learning with Errors Cryptosystem").
- 15-17 April 2019, Durham (UK): BCTCS & AlgoUK (attendee and elected as the Postgraduate Representative).
- 4th - 5th July 2020, Leeds (UK): Tolkien Society Seminar 2020 (Advisory Board Member)
- 7th - 11th August 2019, Birmingham (UK): Tolkien 2019 (Organiser)
- 24th March 2019, Newcastle (UK): Tolkien Reading Day (invited speaker, "Ghosts in Tolkien")
- 11th - 14th September 2014, Oxford (UK): Oxonmoot (speaker, "On the roots of religion in The Lord of the Rings").
- 2019-2020: Demonstrator for Algorithms and Data Structures (BSc/MEng Computer Science)
- Oct 2019: Demonstrator for Introduction to Computer Science (MSc Business Analytics)
- 2018-2019: Demonstrator for Algorithms and Data Structures (BSc/MEng Computer Science)
- 2017-2018: Demonstrator for Algorithms and Data Structures (BSc/MEng Computer Science)
Last change: 02/09/19.