Welcome to DUSA!
We're a relaxed, easy-going club dedicated to caving and mine exploration. With DUSA you'll get the chance to go to some of the most spectacular places in the UK. Caving is very different to how a lot of people imagine and involves exciting stream canyons, huge chambers and incredible sights. Your first day trip comes free with membership - join here!
We're an extremely friendly club and welcome new members of all abilities and experience levels (most people have never been caving before joining DUSA). We have a huge collection of equipment you can borrow and will give you all the training you could possibly need! Day trips to the Yorkshire Dales are typically on Saturdays or Sundays but we also do weekend trips further afield.
DUSA heads to The Victoria Inn every Tuesday night (9pmish). It would be great to see you there!
We also have lots of other socials, whether that be our famous bar-crawls, ice-skating or a curry night. You're bound to have a cracking time.
We run training sessions most weeks from Silverlink Bridge in Pelaw Woods. Come along - it's free!
We practise/teach the rope techniques that you need for the most exciting caves. Get in touch/check the group chat for more info.
On every caving trip you will need:
- Clothes for the cave - these need to be warm and synthetic i.e. NO cotton or jeans. Ideally wear fleeces, thermals, leggings, walking trousers etc., something you won't mind getting ruined
- Wellies - we might be able to lend some
- Spare clothes to wear afterwards
- High-sugar snack e.g. a mars bar
- (Optional) Gloves
- (Optional) Money for food