Welcome to DUSA!
We're Durham University's caving club, a group of people dedicated to going down holes in the ground. We run a massive variety of trips and get to explore some of the most incredible places in the UK. Your first day trip comes free with membership - join here!
We welcome new members of any ability and experience - most of us had never been caving before. The club provides all the caving gear you need and will train you how to use it. There's also plenty of opportunity to get involved on the exec or lead trips.
DUSA heads to The Victoria Inn every Tuesday night (9pmish), come and join us!
We also like bar crawls and other socials eg. ice skating or curry night.
Training is off Silverlink Bridge in Durham on Wednesdays.
We practise/teach the rope techniques that you need for most caves. Get in touch for more info!
On every caving trip you will need:
- Clothes for the cave - these need to be warm and synthetic i.e. NO cotton or jeans. Ideally wear fleeces, thermals, leggings, walking trousers etc., something you won't mind getting ruined
- Wellies - we might be able to lend some
- Spare clothes to wear afterwards
- High-sugar snack e.g. a mars bar
- (Optional) Gloves
- (Optional) Money for food