Everyone may vote in this election.
Summary manifestos for "Sports Officer" (Exec Elections 2 : Epiphany Term 2012)
Re-Open Nominations (R.O.N.)
Hi I’m Alice, a second year studying Physics and I would love to be your next Sports Officer. Through college and university sport, I have gained a good understanding of how the system works, and I'm genuinely passionate about it.
As Sports Officer, I would endeavour to represent all sports equally, make sure captains and presidents are fully supported, and ensure there are opportunities for everyone to participate in college sport.
My ideas include:
- Encouraging and increasing the number of taster sessions to raise both JCR and MCR participation
- Promoting awareness of social sports, particularly during summer term and StressLess
- Further expanding upon the Refreshers’ Fair, to increase opportunities to get involved
- Continuing to build upon the ‘Sport of the Week’
- Publicising results and upcoming matches to the college more prominently
- Improving the gym through greater consultation with everyone, gaining a variety of ideas and feedback to positively advance the facilities we have.
I promise to bring passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the role, and give everyone the chance to get involved.
Hi everyone! I’m Jonny, you might recognise me from interrupting your dinner preparations recently whilst canvassing for Sports Officer, sorry if you burnt your pasta. Hopefully you’ll be at the JCR meeting but if not this is a brief outline of what I’ll be saying in my hust.
Firstly I love sport, especially sport at Butler. I’m involved in a huge number of teams and clubs at Butler, so I understand how it all works. I am so enthusiastic about sport mostly due to the friends and laughs you get from it. Butler sport is one of the best ways to relax and socialise between the years which I think is extremely important for our college community.
I want to be your Sports Officer as I want you to be able to get the most out of your time here at Durham. I will endeavour to make it as easy as possible for you to play and train how you want, with the equipment you need so you get the maximum level of enjoyment.
I could use all the synonyms on Word to sell myself to you but all I will say is that I am exceedingly dedicated to sport.